Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Timeout of embedded report

Hello,

i created a embedded report in our organisation.  I put the iFrame of a report in a html container and set the script to automatic refresh every 10 minutes which works great. The automatic referesh works great, its as if someone refreshes the iFrame manually. 

The refresh are for two reasons : Refresh the data when, because the trigger isnt updating data in the report without you manually refresh. The second reason is that I want to overcome the PowerBi timeout with automatic refreshes.

Even with all these measures set, it sometimes kick the report out and the login window appears. 

Is there a solution to this? Of course I want to have dashboard running 24/7 for people to see, without the need to interefere manually.

Thank you very much inn advance. 

Best. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Applicable88,

You may consider using some extensions of browsers to overcome the timeout issue. For example, for Chrome browser, using Tab carousel and Tab Auto Refresh extensions combined seems work.

Here is a similar issue may help you.

Solved: Login needed after browser refresh - Microsoft Power BI Community

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

yes, I think there is another session timeout based on the what the office 365 Admin set as a "forced" re-login. Its called idle session timeout and its related to the token you get when you logged in. Even though I refresh the page every 10 minutes with a script, I think its not renewing that token. And it doesn't matter if its done with a script of with a chrome extension unfortunately. 

Apparently the sesssion timeout can be regulate in the admin center by the admin. I hope it can be raised to 24h session timeouts. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors