cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dean_mernagh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Time intelligence does not work

Hi @jayanthan, Do you mean the below? Appreciate your help... Sales _Volume YTD = IF( ISFILTERED('tbl_Sales'[Date]), ERROR("Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy or primary date column."), TOTALYTD(SUM('tbl_Sales'[Sales _Volume]), 'tbl_Sales'[Date].[Date]) )
Frequent Visitor

Hi @aviral, Appreciate your help, i can't post a screenshot as it won't let me but i did format as a date and also ensured that the locale was also on the correct setting. Please see below for code. Sales _Volume YTD = IF( ISFILTERED('tbl_Sales'[Date]), ERROR("Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy or primary date column."), TOTALYTD(SUM('tbl_Sales'[Sales _Volume]), 'tbl_Sales'[Date].[Date]) )
Highlighted
leandroab Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Any news?

aviral Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Sorry for a late response. 

Make sure in the settings "Time Intelligence" is ticked as shown below. 

2019-01-24_10-49-32.png

Frequent Visitor

Sorry i can't see the image- can you explain please?

Thank you.

aviral Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Have updated the image.

You will have to go into File->Options and Settings->Options->Current File->Data Load

jmenzies Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have the same issue but in a measure.  My time intelligence button is ticked.

Do you have any suggestions? I have been spending the last 3 days trying to get the year to date formula working but it is just not happening.

Many thanks!! 

Estimated Annualised Savings 2018 YTD =
IF(
    ISFILTERED('Date'[Date].[Date]),
    ERROR("Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy or primary date column."),
    TOTALYTD(
        [Estimated Annualised Savings 2018],
        'Current Month'[Date].[Date]
    )

DavidS524 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

For anyone still encountering this issue, this fix worked for me. In retrospect this is probably quite obvious to the experienced users here, but for those of us still learning it isn't quite so clear.

Assuming you have created a custom date dimension, right click on the table name in your fields list. Navigate down to "Mark as date table" and make sure it is checked. Now I no longer recieve the error at the top of the thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 132 members 1,694 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: