Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kiran123
Frequent Visitor

Time Calculation Report

Hi Team,

we have  a Data where we have time column I am getting the time in format of  "HH:MM:SS"  and my target hours for one shift is 8 hours  we have 3 shifts A,B & C and we have 12 Production Stations Now I want to create the report where I can show Production Station active time by appliying shiftwise filter that in 8 hours how much time the perticular station is active Please find the attachment of time data.

I am not able to create the time calculation chart for this data.

Thanks yoData Table With TimeData Table With Time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kiran123 ,

It is not supported to implement your demand in Power BI currently .There is an idea about this issue, please vote it up, field-of-duration-type, to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

We also submitted this feedback to the product group internally, so that the product group can pay attention to this problem and speed up the issue repairing.

Please reference: Display-duration-as-HH-MM-SS-on-Y-axis , Aggregating-Duration-Time ,Duration-as-Y-Axis .

To work around the issue, you can also use R visual.

library(ggplot2)
ggplot(data = dataset) + geom_bar(mapping = aes(x = Date, y = Column), stat = "identity")

1.jpg

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @kiran123 ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @kiran123 ,

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

For example, what is these time columns in red box referred to ?

2.png

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy

Hi 

consider that time colums as a Operator Station1,Operator Station2....ETC 

@v-xicai wrote:

Hi  @kiran123 ,

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

For example, what is these time columns in red box referred to ?

2.png

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy

Hi  @kiran123 ,

Enter into Query Editor, click on column Operator Station1- Station12, click "Unpivot Columns", rename this result column with "Operator Station". Don't forget to click the "Close & Apply" button.

6.png

Then could you please share desired output screenshots for further analysis?

Best Regards,

Amy

Hi,

I Want to know about how do I represent the time in any charts where I can show that say for example  my target time is 8:00:00 hours

but in given data my achieved time is 7:23:00 fort the wk20,wk30 or op10,OP20,OP30 so on.

so that my seeing these chart user can easily understand that what our chart is showing.

Hi @kiran123 ,

It is not supported to implement your demand in Power BI currently .There is an idea about this issue, please vote it up, field-of-duration-type, to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

We also submitted this feedback to the product group internally, so that the product group can pay attention to this problem and speed up the issue repairing.

Please reference: Display-duration-as-HH-MM-SS-on-Y-axis , Aggregating-Duration-Time ,Duration-as-Y-Axis .

To work around the issue, you can also use R visual.

library(ggplot2)
ggplot(data = dataset) + geom_bar(mapping = aes(x = Date, y = Column), stat = "identity")

1.jpg

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is helps me but need the proper solution for this to show stationwise and daywise data

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors