Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tile size on dashboard

Hi All

Is there a way to decrease the tile size on my dashboard as i have 22 report links and it is making it cumbersome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

the only way to do that is with drag and drop. I quickly recorded how to do that:

tiles.gif

As you can see there is a minimum size for a tile, smaller is not possible.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Christine_P
Regular Visitor

I agree the tile size is too big.  Microsoft- is there an upcoming release that will allow the tiles to be smalller than 1 x 1?  

Bella42
Advocate III
Advocate III

I have given up on 'tile' based dashboards long ago (never got any better). Now I link to several different published PBI datasets to get all KPIs in one dashboard while still have the full functionality of Powerbi visuals. Refreshing once all the connected PBI reports are refreshed is very fast. Just go to Get Data > Power BI Datasets, you should see your published dashboards there. Choose one, then choose which tables you want to bring in and voila! To avoid confusion, it is a good idea to use descriptive names for tables in your base PBIs like 'SALES MEASURES' rather than just 'MEASURES'. Hope this helps someone, although I am probably the last to find out about this 🙂

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

the only way to do that is with drag and drop. I quickly recorded how to do that:

tiles.gif

As you can see there is a minimum size for a tile, smaller is not possible.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selimovd thanks , i wanted to reduce it more.

Thanks

Yes. The correct answer is "Power BI, once again, offers you an amazing feature that turns out to be pretty much useless". The Man-splaining of how to resize the tiles was hilarious, though. Ummm, ya, der, I am NOT stupid, just expecting more from software in 2022. Where's my hoverboard????

Per the OP, twenty two links is the issue. That appears to be excessive, when presented all in one place. What I do is create a top level dashboard with the "real" KPIs, and links to one or more secondary dashboards. One tile on the secondary is a Back link. I really don't see any value in smaller tiles if you are using the dashboard as intended for presenting data.

Hi Tom,

you are right. I have the same problem. I have 30 tiles, and reducing tiles size to fit in one screen is challenging, and my tiles numbers are increasing over time. At least I can group my tiles into three; under each group, I can place 10 tiles. When I click the main tile, the main tile shows the sub-tiles (10), and then I click the sub-tile, and the sub-tile shows the report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors