Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This visual does not support exporting - paginated reports (report builder)

Hi there, 

I am trying to print a whole report that contains some paginated reports within it, but in all the visuals where a paginated report should be I see the message "This visual does not support exporting". I'm also trying to export to pdf from Desktop, but paginated reports are completely blank. So what I'm doing that takes forever, is printing every page where a paginated report is located, and then joining all those pdfs in one. Can you help me? I used to print the whole report at once from power bi service, what changed??

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
vemendez

Have you found any solution?

I have the same problem. But in my situation, it works on the Power Bi desktop.

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi

As per my understanding, paginated report visual will not be exported to from Power BI Desktop report from the begining. 

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hari, thanks for your kind response, but I have printed paginated reports from power bi server before. It is just that now I am getting this message!

Hi @Anonymous ,

What @Hariharan_R said is correct that there are some visuals that do not export.  This article has a number of the restictions Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs  .

BUT, if this worked in the past and does not now there could be a number of different reasons as well - did the Admin turn the export feature off in the tenant?  Did the ability to export get turned off in the report?  Did the Admin turn off the ability to export to PDF?  Is the version of the visual up to date?  Is this a custom visual?  Is there data within the visual that is sensitive or under RLS and that might be blocking the export?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors