I have a couple of team sites that display a PBI report through a web part. RLS has been applied to the PBI report so that when the user logs into the site, they only see the data that applies to them. The reports had been displaying as designed, and the RLS had been working for a few months, until today.
A few of the users are getting the message "This content isn't available. Learn more about Power BI" on one site and can see the report just fine on the other. I had seen this message before when I had a Pro Trial License and tried to share with 'Free users', but learned this wasn't allowed, so all users involved now have Pro Licenses (and have for a few months now). This seemed to solve the problem, up to this point. The part I don't understand is, User A might get the above message on the first team site while User B can see the report just fine on the same site. At the same time, User B gets the message on the second site while User A can see the report on the same site. I have checked all the security levels, permissions granted, AD group members, etc. and can find nothing that would cause this to happen.
Has anyone else run into this issue, and/or have a solution?
Here is the detail of what is currently in place.
SharePoint Online - Team Site
Power BI Report Dataset
There are two common reasons for this error message.
Please check the situation of permission grant about the shared report following this document.
I had this exact same problem. Some users could see the content, others couldn't. In my case, I had updated some of the embed codes. Users that had the old embed codes cached couldn't see the content. I was able to boil that down by sharing the app link directly to the users who couldn't see the dashboards through sharepoint. They could see the reports in the app.
Clearing the browser cache solved it in my case, but had me pulling my hair out for awhile.