Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

This Filter came from a drill down action like drill down and I cant clear it

I have the following set up (And I think thats where the issue is coming from but its causing real issues

I have a deployment Pipeline Dev Test and Prod

My Reports have hidden navigation pane with Year slicer in it

BookmarkwithSlicerPane.png

Note that 1 bookmark hides the hidden pane. One filter shows it and clear filters clears everything. Data is on the Clear Filter.

In Development I just have sample data for 2021

In Prod I have 2021 and 2022 data. However when I slice on year 2022 the report is completely empty. This is because every single visual has this

2021.JPG

I can't get rid of them and they havent been applied with a drill down or drill through action. Im really unsure how to deal with this and clear it?

i have even created a new page. Created the visuals from scratch. checked. The above filters have gone. Published to Dev and then moved it to test and prod. By the time I go back to the pbix the above slicers are back and there is seeminly nothing I can do to get rid of them

Any help would be appreciated. i cant share the pbix because it it isn't my specific pbix to share

3 REPLIES 3
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

I cannot reproduce your problem, after changing the data source, my report can successfully load the data for 2022. Please check if you have configured the deployment rules of the pipeline correctly.

vkkfmsft_0-1652332831546.png

Also, based on your screenshot, it looks like you are using filters pane. So did you add that filter "Year is 2021" when you created the bookmark?

vkkfmsft_1-1652333624341.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

To get past this I had to download 2022 data into dev. And then completely recreate the page. It felt like it was an issue with the release from dev to test to prod. it was like it was saving the fact there was only 2021 data in dev.

Yes the Deployment Pipeline is set up properly. And I didnt create the filter. I have a slicer panel as mentioned above. the Filters have been hardcoded into all my visuals even though its the top of the report.

I have since Populated the Dev area with data for 2022. Opened up the Report pbix and now I have 2022 data (Dev Environment) But the visuals are still hardcoded to 2021

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors