Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mrnelsch
Frequent Visitor

Thin lines appearing within PDF-export of report

Hi all,

I have a problem with thin lines appearing in my PDF-export from app.powerbi.

(please see image, Red lines are to anonymize my data ;))

- When I zoom in and out the lines change (when zoomed in a lot, they dissapear)

- In the live report, there are no lines and I have vertical and horizontal grid disabled

- I tried changing the preference of my PDF-viewer ('enhance lines' out), but this doesn't work

- Exporting to PPTX works without lines appearing

- Didn't have this problem untill this month (ocotober 2021)

mrnelsch_0-1633610223337.png

Does anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

MrNelsch

13 REPLIES 13
rmsolfest
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any updates on this topic for implementing a fix? 

These extra lines are preventing the use of this printing feature for the numerous report available for customers.

2win2mac
Frequent Visitor

There is a post on a similar issue already from last year, where MS says they have corrected the issue in July 2021 update, but that's unfortunately not the case. I still get the same white lines in pdfs. No reply on my post either, so am following this thread just in case it should get fixed.

See https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/export-to-pdf-issue-shapes-outline-visible/idi-p/1859627

However, what others suggested in that thread as a workaround was the advice below by @Signore_Ands:

The Outline is turned off for all items but they still print.

@eilina - I solved it by turning the Outline on and setting the transparency to 100%. Hopefully we'll get a permanent fix though.

rmsolfest
Advocate I
Advocate I

Do you have any updates when this will be resolved?

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

I have been following this issue, and I will update it here if there is any progress.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

Do you have any updates on the estimated timeline for this fix?

SNSI
Regular Visitor

Hello, I'm having this issue as well! Unnecessary lines appear all over the place. It won't appear unless you zoom in and out.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrnelsch 

Currently I have not received any feedback in this regard, could you share a sample file? so that we can try to reproduce ths issue to find the reason.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

https://we.tl/t-3NVYYpLDFi 

I created a sample pbix and also the exported PDF with the thin lines problem.

You have to zoom in and out in de PDF to see the problem.

To recreate:

1. Upload pbix to Power BI Service

2. Export as PDF

Hi, we're facing the exact same issue, lines are appearing in a PDF export. When you zoom in the lines dissapear, until you zoom back out again, then they re-appear. Please keep us posted. Thanks in advance, Mathieu

Hi @mrnelsch 

Thanks for your reply.

I can reproduce it and I've reported it internally, the Product Team are working on it. 

I will post here if there is any update.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Following. Am having same issue, white line appearing in final PDF export, rendering the visual incomplete or just wonky looking

I have the same issue every week as well. The reports look so ugly because of this unexpected lines. Please please find a fix for this asap. thank you.

Any estimate when the fix may be deployed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors