Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SN1
Employee
Employee

Thin columns in column chart when using time as axis

Update: Please vote for the idea to make this happen

---

My data has a single value for each hour in a 7 day timeframe. I want to display it as a column chart.

I did just that, and the columns are too thin and skinny. Is there a way to make them wider?

Column chartColumn chart

I've tried using both stacked and clustered charts - but in both cases the spacing is the same.
If I switch the x axis from continous to categorical, the chart looks much better - but then not all of my values are displayed (I have 168 values).

Is there a way to make the columns wider?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yuta-msft - thanks! I've purposed the idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37106872-ability-to-adjust-column...

@Anonymous , that option exists only for Categorical axis. For continuous axis, there is no such option

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a line and stacked column chart, under the formatting pane --> X-Axis, you can adjust the inner padding to be smaller. That should widen your columns.

@v-yuta-msft - thanks! I've purposed the idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37106872-ability-to-adjust-column...

@Anonymous , that option exists only for Categorical axis. For continuous axis, there is no such option

@SN1 ,

Thank you for submitting idea. I have voted for this idea.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@SN1 ,

I'm afraid currently stacked bar chart only can change the size of label and text in X-axis and Y-axis. I would suggest you to submit your idea here to help improve power bi.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors