Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aodendaal

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

I've recently setup PowerBI on the web to connect to an Azure SQL database. I setup refresh scheduling but I get the message There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. and the details below (the table name changes).

I have a single Web App using the Azure SQL database but I stopped it and tried multiple times with the same result (again, different tables each time).

Cluster URI:	WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:	fe96cbd7-3d36-4a50-8df5-b9da6bf933c3
Request ID:	c0182b22-d0fd-13ff-c059-a307dc8734cb
Time:	2017-10-22 04:20:48Z

How do I prevent these error and get the refresh working? Where can I find more information because the message is vague.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aodendaal,

From the error message, the issue seems related to the Provinces table. Please download the report from Power BI service and open it in Power BI desktop, click Refresh in desktop to see which detail error message display. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

aodendaal

Thank you, I downloaded the report and refresh the data and I got a better error description. I had duplicate data in a field being used by an inactive relationship. I deleted the relationship, re-uploaded the report and the dataset could refresh correctly.

It's a little annoying that the error isn't displayed on the web and you have to download the report to see what is really going on.

In any case, thank you for the assist.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
aodendaal

Yes, you can close the thread. Thank you!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aodendaal,

From your description, the issue is solved now, right? If it is, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aodendaal

Thank you, I downloaded the report and refresh the data and I got a better error description. I had duplicate data in a field being used by an inactive relationship. I deleted the relationship, re-uploaded the report and the dataset could refresh correctly.

It's a little annoying that the error isn't displayed on the web and you have to download the report to see what is really going on.

In any case, thank you for the assist.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aodendaal,

From the error message, the issue seems related to the Provinces table. Please download the report from Power BI service and open it in Power BI desktop, click Refresh in desktop to see which detail error message display. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors