Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jason299
Frequent Visitor

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

i have several reports pulling data from a sharepoint and for some reason I have 1 report that worked yesterday but today will not refresh online.  When I go into the desktop version it will update without a error.  I have removed from the Power BI site republished,  changed the name and I still get the same error.  but again when I go on the desktop version there is no errors.

i have also reinstalled the 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine to be sure. 

Any ideas what is causing this?

Message:Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987. Table: Query2.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:0da53ddd-6bc7-4d63-b3eb-db48e88129dd
Request ID:4ee706a0-faa5-1f84-b7b8-6407835bac80
Time:2019-01-08 19:39:05Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jason299
Frequent Visitor

Solved the issue.   

The Scenario

Have a Excel file saved to a sharepoint.  This is where Power BI is pulling the auto updates from.  When accessing the file it opens in Excel online.  If you make any updates on here it was changing the version of the Excel file causing the error.  

Fix.

Copy and paste the data to a blank Excel file to make sure its the proper version.  You can save it over the original or in a new location.  If in new location you have to change the path in the query editor.  

Make sure not to work in Excel online always open in Excel for this issue.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jason299
Frequent Visitor

Solved the issue.   

The Scenario

Have a Excel file saved to a sharepoint.  This is where Power BI is pulling the auto updates from.  When accessing the file it opens in Excel online.  If you make any updates on here it was changing the version of the Excel file causing the error.  

Fix.

Copy and paste the data to a blank Excel file to make sure its the proper version.  You can save it over the original or in a new location.  If in new location you have to change the path in the query editor.  

Make sure not to work in Excel online always open in Excel for this issue.  

Hi @Jason299 

Hope you are doing well.

I am facing the same issue in my PBI Service.

I am using one report where i have 2 data source(SAP HANA and Sharepoint folder-file is in csv). As you suggested i tired the same and copy pasted the data in new workbook and saved in .xlsx format and changed the file in query editor however i am still getting the same issue.

Is there anything you can suggest ? Please see below error message

Thanks ,

Ashish

PBI.JPG

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there I would suggest that on the server where your On-Premise Data Gateway is running you ensure that the 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' 64bit driver is installed as suggested via the associated link. That appears to be why it refreshes on your Power BI desktop, but not via the Gateway

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The data is from a sharepoint so there is no gateway needed or used.  there are several other reports running on the power bi site from the same sharepoint.

Any other ideas?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors