Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bamber
Frequent Visitor

'There was an error in the OAuth popup window' when trying to connect dataflow to Azure SQL DB

Hi,

when trying to connect dataflow table ot Azure SQL with organizational credentials (Active Directory), the OAuth popup appears on the screen only for a split second and i get the error message 'There was an error in the OAuth popup window'.

I've read a number of threads reporting similar problems during dataflow setup with different types of sources but none seem to provide a solution in my case.

We have datasets connected to the same server using organizational credentials and they work without any issues, refresh automatically etc.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bamber ,

Maybe the connector has some problems, please check it.

The reason the popup up was not working is because there was an erroneous space in the URL.  It appears the error merely indicates that the connection is not possible so I would advice a double check of your connection definition.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bamber ,

Maybe the connector has some problems, please check it.

The reason the popup up was not working is because there was an erroneous space in the URL.  It appears the error merely indicates that the connection is not possible so I would advice a double check of your connection definition.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft 

Thanks for pointing out that connection settings might be the problem here. It turned out that I've got wrong server name from the admin. With correct settings it's working fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors