Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

There was a problem refreshing your dataflow

Today I got the mail: Refresh failed: Your Appeee dataflow couldn’t be refreshed.


It's not the first time I've got this mail though, but what does it mean? ... and how can I avoid it?
To make things a little bit more interresting. Sometimes the refresh automaticaly triggers a second time and then it completes successfully, but on other times it doesn't trigger a second time.

Today it triggerd again.


Last week it timed out.


The week before that it Failed but it didn't trigger a second time.



When it fails it's not allways on the same part of the flow, but it's allways an internal error.
The data for the dataflow are json files stored in an Azure Blob storage.


Kind regards,



Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexZ ,


I have found a similar issue. Would you please try to use the workaround:  setting the schedule to half an hour or an hour later than the current time (not more than that).


Please refer to the similar post:


If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.


Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft ,


Thanks for your reply.

I've taken a screenshot from the workspace.


As you can see the workflows are running at different times and the Appeee flow didn't have any problems today but the Appeee_GMBH flow which runs 01:30 hours earlier failed. So I don't understand why changing the schedule time should fix the problem. Any of these flows could just run fine for a couple of weeks or even months without any problems, before it just fails again for no apparent reason. Nevertheless I will change the schedule.


These four flow are actualy the same except for a filter specifying the part of the company.

Since I didn't had access to premium they are running side-by-side.

But as of this week my boss approved on using Power BI Premium, so I will change this to use one master flow doing the basic modeling. And then used linked entities to filter the data for the different user groups.

So hopefully that will fix things for me.



The error message states there is something wrong with one or more entities or dataflow capabillities were unavailable. If there was a problem with the entities it would fail every time since the source data isn't changed. So it is safe to rule that part out.


Now the question still remains: What does dataflow capabillities were unavailable mean?


Hi @AlexZ ,


If you don't use Power BI Premium, all your dataflow will use resource shared with others. Because your issue is intermittent. I assume it is caused by resource contention.


If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.


Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!