Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a data source access error in Power BI Service

Hi, hope you could help or explain.

There is a report using Direct Query to SQL server and on the desktop it is
fine and refreshes successfully. When we publish it to service unable to see any visuals.
We tried to map to the Gateway as well as not to. Still same issue. Any ideas ?

Service error.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for my late reply...

Since the refresh operation could be implemented in the Desktop, it means that there is no problem with the data source itself.

In my opinion, the high probability is that the gateway configuration is incorrect. You could follow these steps for trouble shooting:

1.Please restart the Gateway(enterprise version) firstly to make sure the gateway is online and you could use it.

2.Ensure that each data source has been configured gateway.

3.Perhaps the server/ database name or the credentials has been changed ,so re-enter the basic information in Date Source Setting (pay attention to the Authentication Method)

You could take a look at this blog for detailed information.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,

Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for my late reply...

Since the refresh operation could be implemented in the Desktop, it means that there is no problem with the data source itself.

In my opinion, the high probability is that the gateway configuration is incorrect. You could follow these steps for trouble shooting:

1.Please restart the Gateway(enterprise version) firstly to make sure the gateway is online and you could use it.

2.Ensure that each data source has been configured gateway.

3.Perhaps the server/ database name or the credentials has been changed ,so re-enter the basic information in Date Source Setting (pay attention to the Authentication Method)

You could take a look at this blog for detailed information.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,

Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-eqin-msft , thank you.

We sorted it out. Appears that the select was pretty complex and included couple of diffrent DB's. So by fact it was single query but gateway was confused since there was 2 data sources. We switched it to a single view and now it is working fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors