Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AbbasAsaria90
Helper I
Helper I

'There was a data source access error. Please contact the gateway administrator'

Hi,

I currently have a SQL server database engine and Analysis Services instance hosted on my computer, and I have made some cubes using Visual Studio. I have made some graphs from them using the desktop Power BI client, and have added the cube as a data source in the Manage Gateways section.

However, when I try and view the published report on the web client, I get the following errors

• A red bar at the top with 'There was a data source access error. Please contact the gateway administrator' at the top
  • Where my graph is, the text 'Couldn't load the model schema, see details'
  • When I click on see details:
Couldn't load the schema for the database model

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDeb6fa41a-432c-036f-b336-002603e52737
Request ID4ed476eb-de48-8f38-0cac-527ef2e5a642
Correlation ID0855aefe-20dc-d598-5e7b-2adef8580fdc
TimeMon Aug 07 2017 15:14:07 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time)
Version13.0.2025.193

Any idea what I could do to fix this issue?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AbbasAsaria90,

As far as I know, SSAS only accepts "Windows Authentication". So this could be the problem of the user name. Please reference the part "Usernames with Analysis Services" of this official document. It's too long, I won't quote here.

Similar post: Couldn-t-load-the-schema-for-the-database-model.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors