Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shubhamamilkant
Helper II
Helper II

There's not enough memory to complete this operation.

I have a Power BI Dataset published in the Reporting Server, Size of this Dataset is 120 MB. while refreshing I am getting this error 

• Processing error= there's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available.

It was working until yesterday, usually, the dataset completes a refresh around 10mins on average. 

158 MB of 10 GB used in the workspace. 

It works totally fine in Power BI Desktop, the issue is when it is published.

Power BI License - Pro

Where can I find memory use in Power BI Server, and how to fix this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @shubhamamilkant ,

I was dealing with similar problem some time ago. You said that refreshing of report in desktop is without any problems. How strong is your desktop?

I have found out, that PQ actually consumes quite a lot of memory in total. Basically it cummulates memory from all those steps you have, so even a small file with 10MB, can eventually require 1GB for refresh.

I think unless you have Premium Capacity, you can't really observe how much CPU/RAM you consume.
Best think you can do is to ensure, you don't have any extra steps in your query so your query is optimized. Also try to avoid refresh all your reports at the same time.

Let me know, if you solved the problem.

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Is there a better way to schedule different reports at different times, than doing it manually/selecting a scheduled time for each dataset. 

Like refreshing a report every few hrs but only if other datasets are not running already.

Hi @shubhamamilkant ,

You might consider to use REST API. I havent really used it yet, but there are some cool possibilities. You can refresh your datasets, you can get refresh history etc. So maybe that would work for you.

Check more here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/get-refresh-schedule

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shubhamamilkant & @Migasuke ,

To my knowledge, Datasets - Get Refresh Schedule is used to return the refresh schedule of the specified dataset from "My Workspace". And Datasets - Update Refresh Schedule is used to update the refresh schedule for the specified dataset from "My Workspace". 

This is also considered a manual change of the refresh schedule.

In other words, your requirement - "Like refreshing a report every few hrs but only if other datasets are not running already" - is not supported currently.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response. is it possible to use Airflow with REST API to maintain all the dataflows? 

Hi @shubhamamilkant ,

Sorry but I dont really know. As I said I basically never used it, so not sure what are the capabilities and possibilities.

Thank you!

Hi @shubhamamilkant ,

To my knowledge, this is not supported currently. It is needed to manually change the scheduled refresh times.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors