Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpgoggin
Advocate I
Advocate I

There is no gateway to access for a PowerBI Dataset?

I have a dataset in one workspace.

In "My Workspace", I created a report that connects to it.

I am getting the error "There is no gatewar to access the data source message" - which is strange because I thought gateways were for on-Prem.  My PowerBi dataset is in the cloud, of course, and PowerBI service won't even let me create a gateway for it (as all data is in the cloud)

What's the issue here?

Thank you!

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, I think they issue had to do with importing an excel table and connecting it to a DirectQuery model.

The only change I made when rebuilding it was to add the imported table to the original PBIX. Then connecting via DirectQuery was fine and I had no issues.

Subsequently, I've also explored using SSAS connectors to the original file in a premium workspace, as DirectQuery seems to have some serious limitations.

Thank you,

MG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SwayamSinha
Employee
Employee

Can you share datasource details ? as in Type? whether it is within a firewall or not?

If your datasource is within a firewall you may need gateway.

It's all on a compnay cloud with no firewalls or access issues. I ended up deleting my work, simplifying the data model and rebuilding.  I have no idea why it was throwing this error but I've moved on. I'll post again here if it crops up again

So, I think they issue had to do with importing an excel table and connecting it to a DirectQuery model.

The only change I made when rebuilding it was to add the imported table to the original PBIX. Then connecting via DirectQuery was fine and I had no issues.

Subsequently, I've also explored using SSAS connectors to the original file in a premium workspace, as DirectQuery seems to have some serious limitations.

Thank you,

MG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors