Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shivam04
Frequent Visitor

The users are getting error in accessing the report with RLS- "This visual contains restricted data"

Hi,

I created a measure using below DAX and I used USERPRINCUPAL function to make sure that the non-managers in the organization are not able to see the value of this measure in the report.

I published the report to the group of users and one of the user reported that he is getting below error while accessing the report on power BI service.

Can somebody please help?

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi shivam04,

When you publish the report in powerbi  service, did you set security for the role

278.PNG

You could try to add this user seperately in role to see whether it work or not

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi shivam04,

When you publish the report in powerbi  service, did you set security for the role

278.PNG

You could try to add this user seperately in role to see whether it work or not

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

shivam04
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Zoe. It worked.

The only confusion I have on my mind is that why do I have to create a new role for this specific user as there is no RLS in my model. It is just the measure which is using the login information of the user and deciding whether it shows the measure value in the report or not and I am not hiding any row but column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors