Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yggdrasill
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

The 'user' value of the 'EffectiveUserName' XML for Analysis property is not valid

Hi

I'm trying to schedule a refresh through service on SSAS.

I've set up the gateway and it reaches the SSAS instance without a problem.

However, I get this error when I try to refresh error.png

My UPN is whatever@whatever.com and that's what says in the blurred line in the underlying error message

However the admin on the SSAS instance is 'MATRIX\neo' 

I tried to Map the user names in the service so that 'whatever@whatever.com' becomes 'MATRIX\neo' but that doesn't work either.

The gateway is installed on a local server and 'whatever@whatever.com' is managing that gateway.

What am I doing wrong here ?

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Yggdrasill,

It seems this issue comes from the SSAS server. Please refer to xml-for-analysis-parser-the-domainuser-value-of-the-effectiveusername-xml-for-analysis?forum=sqlanal....

>>>Turns out that you need the SP Farm service account to be an admin on the SSAS server as well.  That fixed the problem for us.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors