Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

debiagui
Helper II
Helper II

The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly

Hi in last weeks I'm using Analysis Service to connect to a dataset with:

= AnalysisServices.Database("powerbi://api.powerbi.com/nnn/org/workspace", "Dataset", [TypedMeasureColumns=true, Implementation="2.0"])

The connection now is falling with this error.

Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After some days, the connection was working again

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What is your reasoning for not connecting via the Power BI Datasets connector?

Hi Ibendlin, really I'm using Excel Power Query to connect to a dataset an deliver an specific report to a team without require to use Internet, they are in a zone with a poor internet quality.

HI @debiagui,

As lbendlin said, I don't think you can directly use AS connector with power bi service URL. You need to use power bi service connector with published datasets. 

In addition, if you are work with the poor quality network, maybe you can try to export the data to local DB or file(use import mode instead of the 'data link' to external data sources) then you can use power bi to get data from them.  
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft, maybe I explain in a wrong way. I'm following this kind of connection:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-connect-tools

I've created the full logic of my report inside of power bi, if I'll use a local db I need to re-create it.

I use power query in excel and connect to powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/[tenant name]/[workspace name]

Also I've tried to export the dataset to a local db using DAX studio, but it fails with one of my tables.

I've found that solution, and for the last week I could share the "offline" report, but last couple of days I got this error

After some days, the connection was working again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors