Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Varsha08
Frequent Visitor

The table no visible columns and cannot be queried

I am getting "the table no visible columns and cannot be queried " after I publish the report on service.

Desktop looks absolutely fine, the columns are loading (I even checked in query editor)

After checking everything, I published the report on service and that is when I am getting this error and schedule refresh keeps failing because of this error.

Varsha08_0-1677039837812.png

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Varsha08
Frequent Visitor

This has been resolved on its own.

The refresh kept failing so many times and suddenly it resolved on its own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Varsha08
Frequent Visitor

This has been resolved on its own.

The refresh kept failing so many times and suddenly it resolved on its own.

jaweher899
Super User
Super User

The error message "The table has no visible columns and cannot be queried" typically indicates that the table that you are trying to query in your report does not have any visible columns. This could happen for a variety of reasons, such as:

• The table has been filtered to the point where no columns are visible.
  • The table has been hidden or deleted in the report.
  • The data source has changed or been updated, causing the table structure to change.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Double-check that the table is visible in the report. Open the report in Power BI Desktop and make sure that the table is visible in the Fields pane. If it is not visible, try adding it back to the report.

2. Check the filters in the report. If you have applied filters to the report, make sure that the filters are not hiding the columns in the table. You can try removing the filters to see if the columns become visible.

3. Check the data source. If the data source has changed or been updated, the table structure may have changed, causing the columns to be hidden. Try refreshing the data source to see if the columns become visible.

4. Check the report settings in the Power BI service. Open the report in the Power BI service and check the report settings. Make sure that the table is visible in the report and that it has not been deleted or hidden.

Thank you for replying.

I can see all rows and columns for that table in Desktop, I have not applied any filters.

I actually deleted and added again, but same issue.

It load everything fine on desktop

Varsha08_0-1677072026132.png

Not sure what the issue is

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors