Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fulgeru99

The specified culture is not supported

I created a dataset over Blob Storage and published it. The auto-refresh si giving me this error:

Data source error: The specified culture is not supported.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 4a9e045d-f869-4c20-9fc2-5fcc177db90b
Request ID: c2f03e9d-16ed-49a5-a713-ffbbcf872276
Time: 2017-06-21 12:03:49Z

How can we fix it?

9 REPLIES 9
thanuj01

thanuj01_0-1697774665441.png

Still Above error msg comes even changed the Regional Settings.

imanhassan
Frequent Visitor

Can you please clarify  the solution? I am facing the same issue but don't understand the solution:

"Open the Fiddler with HTTPS encrypt enabled then click Refresh Now to refresh dataset until the error throws out."

Also, why does the report refresh without issues on the desktop power bi , but no ton the server?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fulgeru99,

Please open the report in desktop, check which kind of local set in report:

1. File > Options and settings > Options.
  2. Under Current file, select Regional Settings.
  3. In the Locale box

q2.PNG

Change it to the English(US) then republish to service to see if refresh can be successful.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Resolved, Thanks!

This solved the problem for me - Thanks! 

I changed to English US, published and refresh gives the same error. What can be done?

I found a stupid solution: after getting Azure Blob data if I add a row filter the refresh stars to work:

#"Kept First Rows" = Table.FirstN(imports1,1000000000)

Come on guys, you can do better than this when exposing the refresh errors.

Hi @fulgeru99,

Please do not apply the workaround to the report. Open the Fiddler with HTTPS encrypt enabled then click Refresh Now to refresh dataset until the error throws out. Please share .saz file with us. Also please share the Cluster URI, Activity ID, Request ID which listed in error message.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
fulgeru99

I created a dataset over Blob Storage and published it. The auto-refresh si giving me this error: Data source error: The specified culture is not supported.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity ID: 4a9e045d-f869-4c20-9fc2-5fcc177db90b Request ID: c2f03e9d-16ed-49a5-a713-ffbbcf872276 Time: 2017-06-21 12:03:49Z How can we fix it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors