Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mogura27
Frequent Visitor

The specified culture is not supported on an extracted date list

I'm getting an error when trying to push a refresh through an On Premise Gateway from the App Service, no errors are encountered when initially publishing the source pbix from Desktop.

Underlying error message The specified culture is not supported.
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.Value Error.ReasonDataFormat.Error

The entire query for the blocking table is as follows:

let
   Source = List.Distinct(PrimaryTable[ColumnOfDates])
in
   Source

I had other steps including remove duplicates, sort, change type by locale, but I tried removing all of those to get down to just the initial raw query, but that still failed with the error specified.

I've tried loading the dataset into a temp workspace, removing it from that workspace to purge it, and publish it back in again. I've looked at the other topics here with the same error, and their workarounds (implied in the steps I've tried) aren't working for me.

I've got 9 other derivative tables, only this one table breaks.

In the source table, the dates have already been converted to a specific locale (en-150), could that be what's causing it?
2 REPLIES 2
Mogura27
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE

Smiley Happy 1 - Removed "Changed Type with Locale" query module from both the primary table and the derived table(s), published ok, and refreshed ok.

Smiley Happy 2 - Reapplied "Changed Type with Locale" on the derived table, published ok, and refreshed ok.

Smiley Sad 3 - Reapplied "Changed Type with Locale" on the parent table, removed from the derived table, published ok, refresh failed as before.

The upstream provider provides date columns in two formats - Mode A that I need to migrate away from returns a string of mm/dd/yyyy - which PBI readily transforms to Date, publishes ok, and refreshes ok, and Mode B, which is in English European format of dd/mm/yyyy. PBI Desktop requires a Date with Locale transformation on Mode B date strings, and that seems to be where the problem lies.

Point of clarification:

A primary source dataset does support setting a specific column to "Changed Type with Locale"; this can be published and refreshed.

A secondary table derived from that converted column will block the dataset from being refreshed in the App service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors