Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chris_m
Helper I
Helper I

The remote server returned an error: (404) not found error in powerBI

I'm currently experiencing an issue where I cannot publish a report to the online service. Its an import model using an excel workbook as the data source. I have published this previously to the online service, but had to make some changes, and haven't been able to upload it since. 

Capture.PNGI'm not sure if it is being caused by certain changes in the report, or if there is another problem. 

I have tried uploading it to OneDrive, and pulling to the service from there, but I get a different error.

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chris_m
Helper I
Helper I

I actually managed to get this to work by putting both my source file and .pbix file onto OneDrive, and then changing the data source location in the model to the Excel file on OneDrive. 

Between uploading the original draft, and then making the changes, I couldn't remember all the exact things that I had changed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chris_m
Helper I
Helper I

I actually managed to get this to work by putting both my source file and .pbix file onto OneDrive, and then changing the data source location in the model to the Excel file on OneDrive. 

Between uploading the original draft, and then making the changes, I couldn't remember all the exact things that I had changed. 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@chris_m

What changes did you make to the report before publish? Is there anything special about the excel workbook?

How about the result if you create a new PBIX file with same data source and try to publish again?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors