Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sonnh
Frequent Visitor

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

I got issue due to certificate when I try get data from Postgresql database in Power BI Desktop. 

"The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure"
So, I follow this guide: https://gist.github.com/oeon/d17bc6b0ccca708a67e172f4e4d86ef8

Now, I can get data and refresh it in Power BI desktop. But when I publish dataset in to Power BI Service, I can not refesh dataset. I got error below
"Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Message: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.' Table: public res_branch.
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 67e5271f-4bd8-46f1-b27a-da880839e229
Request ID: 9a397ebc-95bc-8d4f-e537-cfb2f318758a
Time: 2020-02-10 07:45:52Z"

How can I deal with this issue?

Thanks for your support.

1 REPLY 1
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sonnh ,

What version of PostgreSQL data source and client are you used? I think this issue may cause with power bi service client version. (Power bi service not able to recognize and compatibility with the encrypted credentials generated from a different data source/client version)

I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket with detail information to get further support for these compatibility issues.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

You could also install on-premise gateway personal mode for a try.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors