Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The records I had uploaded have disappeared

Hi.

I have been using the online Power BI free platform for a while and I realized that the records I had uploaded have disappeared. Specifically, the first ones I loaded on the platform have disappeared.

The report I am currently using is 19 MB in size, and I am continuously loading data, but the oldest ones are being deleted. In total, I have occupied 26MB of the total of 10GB available.

Does anyone know if the data on the platform has expired? Do the reports have a size limit? I thought the only limit was the 10GB space granted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are using push data mode, there are actually some limitation based on this document:

To POST Rows

• 75 max columns
  • 75 max tables
  • 10,000 max rows per single POST rows request
  • 1,000,000 rows added per hour per dataset
  • 5 max pending POST rows requests per dataset
  • 120 POST rows requests per minute per dataset
  • If table has 250,000 or more rows, 120 POST rows requests per hour per dataset
  • 200,000 max rows stored per table in FIFO dataset
  • 5,000,000 max rows stored per table in ‘none retention policy’ dataset
  • 4,000 characters per value for string column in POST rows operation

Please refer to this document about FIFO dataset: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/api-automatic-retention-policy-for-real-time-data

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, data won't expire if you are using import, there actually exist some size limitation about data, but bigger than you are using. Could you please clarify whether some report lost or some data in one report disappear?

Best regards,

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Can you please share few more details..

Data Source -> 

Connectivity Mode - Import/Direct Query ->

Gateway - On-premises/Personal ->

Note:- If you are using the older version of the Gateway, please upgrade to the Latest Version of the Gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lid-msft , @venal , thanks for your answer.

I upload the data from a program in Java, which invokes PowerShell and from there I send the data through a Json. This program directly consults the database. It has already happened to me twice, so I have stopped loading data so that it is no longer deleted. I have just over 200,000 records uploaded. The oldest ones are deleted if I keep loading data, but it only happens in this report. I have previous data and reports, but they have not been deleted. It only happens in that report that is the most important thing for me.

Data source -> Program running from a local server.

Connectivity Mode - Import / Direct Query -> Json PowerShell

Gateway - Local / Personal -> Without Gateway

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are using push data mode, there are actually some limitation based on this document:

To POST Rows

• 75 max columns
  • 75 max tables
  • 10,000 max rows per single POST rows request
  • 1,000,000 rows added per hour per dataset
  • 5 max pending POST rows requests per dataset
  • 120 POST rows requests per minute per dataset
  • If table has 250,000 or more rows, 120 POST rows requests per hour per dataset
  • 200,000 max rows stored per table in FIFO dataset
  • 5,000,000 max rows stored per table in ‘none retention policy’ dataset
  • 4,000 characters per value for string column in POST rows operation

Please refer to this document about FIFO dataset: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/api-automatic-retention-policy-for-real-time-data

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh...  i don't known this.

How can I store the data as "no retention policy" for don't lose my data?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, the only API about defaultRetentionPolicy is PostDataset, but it is used to creates a new dataset. Sorry for that, but we did not find an effective solution to change a existed dataset from FIFO to None. 

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lid-msft 

And if I upload again all the data, how could I configure the table with "no retention policy" using Json like I'm doing currently?
I need the data to be updated in real time, that's why I do it through Json.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors