Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with displaying tiles on the dashboard. SQL Analysis Services.

Hello everyone!

My English is not so good that`s why I`ll try to explain by pictures...

I`ve tried to create a report through the CUBE(SQL Analysis Services) of my organization.  And I`ve made a dashboard with BarChart from this report. That`s how I can see BarChart.

График.PNG

But those to whom I`ve shared this report can`t see it... just error message.

График вставка.PNGОшибка вставка.PNG

I`ve tried to add people in "Map user names" and replace usernames how I`ve done it before with my username(I added ".local" at the end)...

On-premises gateway is online... Me and my collegues have got a power BI pro licence. I dont know what can I do anymore...

Please help....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

As it's live connection, have you checked if the windows account of that shared user UPN has permission to access the SSAS data used in this report? Please review this blog to understand how SSAS live authentication works on service: Guy in a Cube - How authentication works with Analysis Services live connections.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. How did you get data from the SSAS, use Import mode or Connect Live? If it's live connection, each time the user interact with the report, Power BI service signed in account should match the UPN and that Windows account needs to be present in an Analysis Services role. See: Usernames with Analysis Services.

2. Have you set the RLS for the dataset? If RLS is set, please remember to add the shared user as a member of this role follow this.

3. Is this shared user in your organization or not?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

1. Connect Live. 

2. No, I havent set th RLS.

3.   Yes, this is user in my organization

Hi @Anonymous,

As it's live connection, have you checked if the windows account of that shared user UPN has permission to access the SSAS data used in this report? Please review this blog to understand how SSAS live authentication works on service: Guy in a Cube - How authentication works with Analysis Services live connections.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

@v-qiuyu-msft

Thank you very much for your reply!

Connection works! But I didn`t do anything - It was staying a night and that`s all...

But your URL to article about authentication is very useful!

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors