cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I365SvcUsr
Frequent Visitor

The operation is timed out - DataFlow with OData sources

Hi to everyone.

I'm introducing a new query in my dataflow with 743799 rows and 3 columns.

FORUM.png

I want traspose this table using "Pivot column" function in Power Query. The final result must be like this:

FORUM1.png

PS: I obtained the result of this image using only 1000 rows and not 743799.

In the Editor I wrote the following steps:

FORUM2.png

but the last step does not give a result and after 10 minutes the following message comes out:

"The operation is timed out".

I also modified the Source like this: Origine = OData.Feed(#"§BusinessCentral_ODataFeed", null, [Timeout = #duration(0,1,0,0)]) but nothing has changed.

What can I do to increase the timeout? 

2 REPLIES 2
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @I365SvcUsr 

I don't think you can achieve the Transpose query even if you increase the time out. The limit number of columns in Power Query is 16384.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/power-query-specifications-and-limits-5fb2807c-1b16-4257-...

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi @aj1973

Thank you for your answer, but at first I have only 22 different values ​​in the column "Cod_caratteristica", so I would like to get 22 columns in the final result (and not more than 16384).

The last step #"Colonna trasformata tramite Pivot" uses the List.Distinct function to have this result.

I think the problem is the timeout: it's 10 minutes but the last step must have more time to finish the job. Do you know how can I increase it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors