Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

enablejulian
Frequent Visitor

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error

Hi

I'm getting the following error on a scheduled refresh. I have refreshed in power bi desktop and republished no problem. I have checked the authentication when resetting the schedule refresh with no problems. But a basic refresh online causes this error to occur.

My data is from dynamics CRM and sharepoint excel.

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Cluster URIWABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDe648e4b6-6c48-49e7-8521-3c2d6e251028
Request ID4d059649-cd58-c4e4-d05e-abb0c36eb95d
Time2018-03-25 05:09:47Z

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Julian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@enablejulian

Sometimes there is just a hiccup in the system. I have had this happen occasionally. Some times it clears up on its own. Other times I end up doing a republish.

never have gotten a clear answer from Microsoft. 

the most persistent error did come from cloud based data, though. Once PowerBI seemed to lose connection with my sharepoint. Microsoft had to step in on that one and fix it on the back end. 

Have you tried a republish?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @enablejulian,

Since there existing multiple different data source types in your report dataset, did you configure data gateway for each of them?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana, @v-yulgu-msft

I am not using on premises data gateway 

screenshot1.png

I have put in my credentials and it appears to work, but the schedule refresh doesn't happen. This dataset had been working for several months without problem.

Julian

@enablejulian

Sometimes there is just a hiccup in the system. I have had this happen occasionally. Some times it clears up on its own. Other times I end up doing a republish.

never have gotten a clear answer from Microsoft. 

the most persistent error did come from cloud based data, though. Once PowerBI seemed to lose connection with my sharepoint. Microsoft had to step in on that one and fix it on the back end. 

Have you tried a republish?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Apology for delayed response - this issue has been resolved, but we do see it happen occassionally (usually about once a month). Unfortunately it happened on a day of an important data review, so there was a lot of scrambling to get rectified.

As a longer term solution we are looking at tidying up our dataset to see if this issue becomes less persistent

HI @kcantor

Yes, have done refresh and republish from power bi desktop. Am attempting to log a ticket with Microsoft now.

Hei @enablejulian , 

I had the same problem, did you figure something out? 

Thanks! 

did you got any answer about it? @Brincki23 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors