Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rinku

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.

No clue ... how to debug this. I am new the power BI. Created a new Power BI report by Power BI desktop and then published.

on clicking refresh now, it fails 😞

Hide
On demand‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎37‎:‎51‎ ‎AM‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎37‎:‎54‎ ‎AMFailedThe last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.

Cluster URI:DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f4096173-6235-48f2-909c-f748f2b57020
Request ID:ae589e37-6e28-be8d-d5ed-e88d1dac35ef
Time:2015-11-12 06:07:54Z

3 REPLIES 3
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure both the desktop version and the gateway version have both been updated. If you update one and not the other you will have a refresh failure. Update both, then try the refresh again.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have a data set that has been refreshing on a schedule for some time. It failed last night with:

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.

CLuster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: edd57e3c-47bf-4f1e-b9ad-ba8491d1d3c1

REquest ID: 623eef6a-1ad5-cdf3-fa22-6fe5d5300713

I have upgraded both Desktop and Gateway to the latest versions available from the Download button at app.powerbi.com and this hasn't resolved the problem.

DOn't know if this helps, but I have found a work around for my issue.

The issue in my case was caused by filtering the data on date-time columns.

What I did was this:

For every query where I had a datetime field that I was applying a date-time filter to e.g. "Date is Day -> yesterday" or "Week is Week -> this week" I removed the filter that was throwing the mashup error. I then inserted a step at the same point, which was to select the date-time column and add a new column and to select "Date", which gave me a new column that was just the date of the target column. I then applied the date filter to the new column and it worked without error.

This worked for both the Desktop report and for the scheduled or manual dataset refresh in the published report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors