Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mi2n
Employee
Employee

The keyword isn't supported: version

Hi,

One of my reports in Power BI service was scheduled using my personal gateway and was working fine. Recently, I changed the gateway from personal to Enterprise, but the report failed to refresh with the below error.

The following exception occurred while the managed IDbConnection interface was being used: The keyword isn't supported: version. Parameter name: keyword. A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of 'ca000f1d-0fa0-474a-9c98-199cb11c3a86'. The database operation was cancelled because of an earlier failure.

I have the pro version, if that helps. Can anyone let me know how to solve this?

7 REPLIES 7
GerryFlanagan
Employee
Employee

I have the same problem for three data sets. What they have in common is that all three of them have static tables entered under that relativly new feature in P.BI desktop   enter data. I've tried running the refresh on the same reports after I disabled those static tables ( edit queries/ properties/ untick enable load to report) and they work fine. I've tried putting them into seperate excel files and d=creating a connection to those excel files on the enterprise gateway but I'm having problems establishing that connection. I keep getting the error could not find a part of the path. Any ideas on what the full absolute path is ment to look like?

Are u sure to have the same error?

<<The following exception occurred while the managed IDbConnection interface was being used: The keyword isn't supported: version. Parameter name: keyword. A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of 'ca000f1d-0fa0-474a-9c98-199cb11c3a86'. The database operation was cancelled because of an earlier failure.>>

I've tried your workaraound but i can't notice any differences.

I suppose the problem is about when powerquery has to get external data, and this is not the case of local entered data.

I've tried to reinstall enterprise gateway, to remove "entered data", to reconfigure gateway... i'm still stuck.

When i update report on PowerBi Desktop all work out fine.

I'm wondering if enterprise gateways are still in testing phase.

I've got a response from the Microsoft Tech Staff.

They has recognized a bug onto "enter data" feature and the Enterprise Gataway. Personal Gateway is not Affected.

They told me that the fixing is ongoing but there is no ETA for now.

hope that this help.

other news from Microsoft Tech stuff:

Also self entered LIST generate this error.

So if you have a datatable generated in powerquery without any external connection you will experiment this bug.

This append obviusly only if you connect a enterprise gateway to the report, if you have only cloud datasource you will not experiment this.

mondinelli
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same problem but on Mysql. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the exact same error. 

What I've done so far:

1. Installed Enterprise Gateway on a on-prem server.
  2. Logged on as the registered administrator which is the same as the power bi user registered
  3. Setup connections to Analysis services and SQL servers (Green lights on all connections)
  4. connected to a cube "live" and put up some report and dashboard. Works perfectly fine when I'm logged on as the admin. However all reports which have SQL connections can't refresh (Same error as Mi2n receives pops up here!)
  5. Share the dashboard to another regular user with no gateway installations - Works fine with cubes but not SQL
  6. open the report - reveive unexpected errors on all tiles. 
  7. created a content pack as admin and shared with regular user - works fine
  8. content pack doesnt work for the regular user... "Could not access its data source"

In short... The only thing I can get to work are the cubes for the administrator alone.

What am I doing wrong here ?

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Getting the same thing but with an oracle data source.

Something went wrong.

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Processing errorThe following exception occurred while the managed IDbConnection interface was being used: The keyword isn't supported: version.
Parameter name: keyword. A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of '280c1903-f21e-476f-8b57-2238fb0afb06'. The database operation was cancelled because of an earlier failure. 

Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID27984803-23ba-ca22-1977-de756fb70b2c

Request IDe24c72aa-85a8-5d44-88a6-6b5e5b753674

Time2016-03-18 16:58:49Z

I have other datasets that work fine. The only thing I can see different in this one is that it has a table created inside PBI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors