Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allan77R2V1
Helper II
Helper II

The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface

Over the last few nights, my scheduled refreshes are failing with a message below.  The RIRecommendation_single table is not currently being used and has no relantionships with other tables. I deleted that table and did a manual refresh and the same error on another table.

I then downloaded the PBIX and ran the refresh in Desktop and it worked? I then republised the the report and same error. Any ideas?

Annotation 2020-05-13 162810.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Allan77R2V1 

Would you please make sure that you've set the correct user with sufficient permission in the data source of your gateway. If the user is correct, try to delete and re-create the data source. If it still doesn't work, try to save your pbix in another name and publish it as a new report.

As a workaround, turn off the SameSite settings in the browser. Please refer to the similar thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/The-key-didn-t-match-any-rows-in-the-table/m-p/929654

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

There is no gateway for my data sources. Im using Microsoft APIs and Sharepoint Online.

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Allan77R2V1 

Open your PBIX file and go to the Edit Query. Then refresh your tables one by one and see if there is an error. If not, re-publish your reports into "MyWorkspace" and do the manual refresh. Make sure it is working there. Then publish the report into the actual workspace and re renter your credentials. If you are using a gateway, remove the data source from the gateway and add it again.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

@nandukrishnavs I took the steps you suggested and here are the results

1. As you know the issue happens with refreshes in the premium workspace
  2. I downloaded the PBIX and refreshed using PowerBI desktop and it worked fine
  3. I did the manual refreshes of each table and it worked fine
  4. I then published to me personal workspace and it also worked fine
  5. I then deleted the dataset and report from the premium workspace and the republished and the refresh failed with same error

Also, Im not using a gateway, Microsoft API and sharepoint online only.

This looks to be an issue with the Premium workspace. Any suggestions?  I am also going to open a call with Microsoft support.

Hi @Allan77R2V1 ,

I suggest you  can create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors