Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rcyber
Resolver I
Resolver I

The following groups have failed validation

Hi all!

In according to docs we have an opportunity to share apps with everyone including people those have an accounts in other organisations.

But when I try to share my app with person who has an account on other domain I get the error "The following groups have failed validation: user@mail.mail". At the time if I add user(or group) from my orgainisation it works well.

2019-09-12_17-53-04.png

The person I want to share app with has power BI Pro license.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MS support service helped me.

If we want to share a workspace with some external user we must add it on Azure as guest account.

That means if you want to share your reports you have to have an Azure subsribtion.

To me, it will be honestly if MS adds this little detail on MSDN.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rcyber 

I tested it and it works fine in my side. would you please raise your problem to support team for further advice?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi!

Thanks for reply.

Probably, it happens because I use trial Power BI Pro. Are there some restrictions for trial?

Regards, Alex.

Hi @rcyber 

It shouldn't be, but I'm not sure. would you mind testing it in a pro role?

Also, make sure you can add the external user successfully. and please note that the group which added in app should be O365/distringbustion list/Security group.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

MS support service helped me.

If we want to share a workspace with some external user we must add it on Azure as guest account.

That means if you want to share your reports you have to have an Azure subsribtion.

To me, it will be honestly if MS adds this little detail on MSDN.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors