Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider

Hi, 
I have a report I'm trying to refresh with automatic refresh. Refresh works fine in dekstop, but I'm getting this error every time in service; "The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action." 
I've tried finding the explanation but struggling to get the right one. Seen something on datatypes, but have checked this and seems fine. 
Any suggestions on better ways to search for the error?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jaineadrian

Para resolver esse erro basta ir em em opções e privacidade e habilitar a combinação dos seus dados com do power bi desktop com o powerbi service do seu workspace, espero ter ajudado!

Pujoni
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, any solution found?

smdobies
Regular Visitor

Currently having the same issue. No fix found yet.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

Fuzzy Match in the Merge Queries sometimes will lead to this error, and In order to better solve your problem, it is suggested to create a support ticket.

And if this issue is solved, please share us the solution. 

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just SPAM

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Hope the following article will be of help to you:

https://rohitvangala.wordpress.com/2017/02/02/error-the-exception-was-raised-by-idatareader-interface/

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors