Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.Issue with refresh on Services.

Hi,

I have a Power BI report which has around 8-10 csv files. It used to refresh perfectly fine on services but from few days it always keeps failing with this error:Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: SendTechTrend_2020.Cluster URI:WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.netActivity ID:173fbc3f-3c8f-41ae-bb34-3185be023bc6Request ID:2592f9d7-57ca-4a0b-c1f5-dac7b7c2e963Time:2021-03-15 10:35:32Z

So, I searched a bit on the blog and found out that it has something to do with encoding of the csv files, that if we convert to 65001(UTF-8) this error goes away. Intially the encoding in my report was set to 1252, so I changed the encoding to 65001 and re published the report. But still the same error keeps on coming.

Does someone know the work around for this?

Regards,

Manisha.

2 REPLIES 2
astid

I also get the same error. i did a refresh, and it worked.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Anonymous ,

Please check if it is caused by the following reasons :

1.Mismatch between the data types of the keys used in relationships.
2.Improper date formats of the date fields in relationships.
3.(null) values in columns with decimal/whole number data types

Make sure the data types of both the fields in a relationship are same. replace (null) values with 0 for decimal or whole number data types.

For more information,you can refer to this :Error-the-exception-was-raised-by-idatareader-interface/ 

If it doesn't work, please let me know.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors