cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedebona Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The credentials provided for the MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights source are invalid

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights with Power BI

I followed the instructions in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-azure-consumption-insights , providing my Enterprise Agreement ID and my account key. In the end I get the error in subject

PowerBI.jpgscreenshot of error

How can I manage to fix this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: The credentials provided for the MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights source are invalid

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

sorry for my late feedback.

I finally solved the issue after I generated also the secondary key  in EA portal. I don't know the rationale behind having two keys here.

clipKey.jpgThank you for your support

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: The credentials provided for the MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights source are invalid

Hi @fedebona,

What I can find out is the same as the image shows. The credential is invalid. Can you check if the access key is still valid? Please refer to power-bi/service-connect-to-azure-consumption-insights#finding-parameters.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @fedebona,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions or share the solutions with us?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

sorry for my late feedback.

I finally solved the issue after I generated also the secondary key  in EA portal. I don't know the rationale behind having two keys here.

clipKey.jpgThank you for your support

Helpful resources

Announcements
Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Summit Australia 2019

Summit Australia 2019

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

PBI Community Highlights

PBI Community Highlights

Check out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 31 members 881 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: