Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rufmau68
Helper I
Helper I

The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid

Im new in power bi and i publish on my personal workspace a little report with dataset read from odata (with bearer authorization header)

when i refresh i from pwr bi desktop, refresh success

when i try to refresh it from pwr bi portal, it return the message "The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid".

It seem that credentials that i set form pwr bi desktop, are lost!

and i dont know how to set it again, directly from pwr bi portal

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rufmau68 ,

Take a look at this document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-person...

Error: The credentials provided for the dataset are invalid. Please update the credentials through a refresh or in the Data Source Settings dialog to continue.

Solution: If you get a credentials message, it could mean:

• The usernames and passwords that you used to sign in to data sources aren't up to date. In Power BI, go to refresh settings for the dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

• Mashups between a cloud source and an on-premises source, in a single query, fail to refresh in the gateway (personal mode) if one of the sources is using OAuth for authentication. An example of this issue is a mashup between CRM Online and a local SQL Server instance. The mashup fails because CRM Online requires OAuth.

This error is a known issue, and it's being looked at. To work around the problem, have a separate query for the cloud source and the on-premises source. Then, use a merge or append query to combine them.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

it sounds like you need to set up a gateway for on prem data.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

nn so se questa è la soluzione, so solo che da desktop questo funziona dalla mia area di lavoo personale, non funziona:

let
Origine = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://userportal.smartdatanet.it/userportal/api/proxy/odata/Anagtpl_autobus_ytd_11101/download/111...", [Headers=[Authorization="Bearer lxpcMMxmyh80OXCixBVwkSt0a6Ua"]]),[Delimiter=";", Columns=71, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.Csv]),
#"Intestazioni alzate di livello" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Origine, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Modificato tipo" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Intestazioni alzate di livello",{{"data_aggiornamento", type datetime}, {"data_aggiornamento_storia", type text}, {"azienda", type text}, {"telaio_alternativo", type text}, {"targa", type text}, {"data_prima_immatricolazione", type datetime}, {"data_ultima_immatricolazione", type datetime}, {"desc_tipo_alimentazione", type text}, {"n_posti_sedere", Int64.Type}, {"n_posti_in_piedi", Int64.Type}, {"n_posti_riservati", Int64.Type}, {"omologazione_direttiva_europea", type text}, {"desc_classe_ambientale", type text}, {"flg_filtro_fap", type text}, {"desc_dispositivi_disabili", type text}, {"desc_impianti_audio", type text}, {"desc_impianti_video", type text}, {"flg_rilevatore_bip", type text}, {"prezzo_tot_acquisto", type number}, {"contributo_pubblico_acquisto", type number}, {"flg_veicolo_assicurato", type text}, {"note", type text}, {"primo_telaio", type text}, {"n_matricola_aziendale", type text}, {"desc_tipo_immatricolazione", type text}, {"ente_autorizz_prima_imm", type text}, {"desc_classe_veicolo", type text}, {"marca", type text}, {"modello", type text}, {"flg_due_piani", type text}, {"flg_snodato", type text}, {"caratteristiche_particolari", type text}, {"altra_alimentazione", type text}, {"desc_tipologia_allestimento", type text}, {"lunghezza", type number}, {"numero_porte", Int64.Type}, {"posti_carrozzina", Int64.Type}, {"flg_impianto_condizionamento", type text}, {"flg_cabina_guida_isolata", type text}, {"flg_altro", type text}, {"flg_limitatore", type text}, {"flg_esp", type text}, {"flg_asr", type text}, {"flg_abs", type text}, {"flg_nd", type text}, {"flg_dispositivi_visualizzazione_ostacoli", type text}, {"flg_dispositivi_di_segnalazione_acustica", type text}, {"flg_rallentatore", type text}, {"altri_dispositivi_prevenz_inc", type text}, {"flg_otx", type text}, {"flg_avm", type text}, {"flg_contapasseggeri", type text}, {"desc_proprieta_leasing", type text}, {"flg_conteggiato_miv", type text}, {"deposito", type text}, {"desc_tipologia_dimensione", type text}, {"flg_contributo_pubblico", type text}, {"data_scadenza_alienabilita", type datetime}, {"nota_riservata_azienda", type text}, {"nota_riservata_amp", type text}, {"nota_riservata_rp", type text}, {"flg_richiesta_contr", type text}, {"anno_sost_prog", Int64.Type}, {"flg_verificato_azienda", type text}, {"flg_verificato_amp", type text}, {"motivazione", type text}, {"eta_veicolo", Int64.Type}, {"data_ultima_revisione", type datetime}, {"data_validazione_azienda", type datetime}, {"dt_rif_mm", type datetime}, {"dt_caricamento", type datetime}})
in
#"Modificato tipo"

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Yes, the credentials in Power Bi Desktop are just for it. When you publish yo the Service you have to reconfigure the credentials and sometimes even installing a Data Gateway to use the credentials to read data on premises.

If your odata connection is only a web connection you can try just configuring the schedule refresh:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

If your data is onpremise in a local environment consider reading this doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem

Hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors