Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sunildatalytyx
Frequent Visitor

The credentials provided for the Snowflake source are invalid.

Hi, 

I have published a report which pulls data from snowflake server. I have published this to service and have updated the credentials and setup the scheduled refresh. All worked fine for a long time but since last friday, i keep getting the below error. When i give the credentials again the report gets refreshed perfectly and probably even certain scheduled refresh work fine but all of a sudden again the error pops up. I am assuming this to be a powerbi tenant issue coz i am not facing this issue with any other client or our own ord snwoflake server. Also this is happening to this report alone.  

report_name has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The credentials provided for the Snowflake source are invalid. (Source at snowflake_server)

Next refresh for report_name is scheduled for September 23, 2021 12:30 UTC.

Screenshots of the refreshes 

sunildatalytyx_0-1632394600697.png

Any help will be much appreciated, this is one of the major issues from Clients perspective as they depend on this report a lot. And these issues are kind of reliability issues which is making the client rethink on power bi as their choice of reporting/self service bi tool. 

4 REPLIES 4
SuperBIstar
Frequent Visitor

Hi Have you continuted to exprence this issue.  I have exprenced the same thing. 

• The report is using a service principal account.

pattern of events

• The report runs for weeks with no log on issues.
  • It will fail 4 times in a row. with the  "The credentials provided for the Snowflake source are invalid." Message
  • I will update the credentials with the exact same credentials that it had before. 
  • The refresh will function as expected.
  • The cycle will repeat.
Degao

Hello @sunildatalytyx ,

Were you able to solve this issue? 

I am facing the exactly same error message when trying to implement an incremental refresh do my report's dataset. When running the very first dataset load, Power BI service starts it and I can confirm queries are hitting Snowflake.  Though, all of a sudden the error message pops up and the dataset is now refresh.

In addition, I have this same report using the same dataset runnig a full refresh, without the incremental. This is running ok taking about 1 hours to finish.

We are trying to implement the incremental load to see if we can reduce refreshing time.

Cheers.

sunildatalytyx
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-eqin-msft for the response. As i mentioned, all this was configured and the report was working fine for more than a month. Our IT team thinks that this might be token issue. However credentials failing/invalid error only for one report is quite surprising, there are number of reports which are using the same server and credentials

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sunildatalytyx ,

Please kindly refer to:

Connect to Snowflake with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-enhanced-connectivity-for-snowflake/

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors