Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid.

For some reason when I update via app.powerbi.com I keep getting the error: 

The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid. 

I have gone into the credentials section and changed the login from Annonmous to Auth2 and used my login creditnals. It seems to "take" Then when I go back in to update the dataset i get the same message. For some reason the credentials are not saving. 

Has anyone seen this? Any tips? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Hi @v-jiascu-msft , I tried your link, however it doesn't point to any specific help page. Just the general Power BI Support site.

"The engineers are working on the fix. Please refer to the https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.  "

Do you have a specific URL to the info you are referring to as I’m receiving the same error message on my on-prem Power BI server?

Background:
Environment: On-Premises
Data connections: 1x Odata Connection & 1 x SharePoint List Connection

It quite strange because when I manually refresh the report, via the report option drop down > Manage > Scheduled Refresh > Refresh Now  (see image below marked A) , the report refreshes fine. (see image below marked B).

Power BI Report Server - Manual RefreshPower BI Report Server - Manual Refresh

I have also tested the Data source connections credentials and they are fine too.

Power BI Report Server – Data sources connectionsPower BI Report Server – Data sources connections

Details of my error below:

An error has occurred.

Several errors occured during data refresh. Please try again later or contact your administrator.

Hide error details    SessionID: xxxxxx-49aa-xxxxx-912c-xxxxxxxxxx

[0] -1055784934: The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid. (Source at https://mysite.com/sites/examplelist.). The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

[1] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[3] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[4] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[5] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[6] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[7] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[8] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[9] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[10] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[11] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[12] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[13] -1055784934: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

[14] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Power BI Report Server - Refresh ErrorPower BI Report Server - Refresh Error

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have same problem. 

Are you found any solution?

Hi, we're having the same issue. Any updates? 

Hi @steadyFox,

Please refer to the Awareness in the support page.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nkintanar80
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I also have this issue and it started yesterday.  Any report with SharePoint credentials will not update in the portal, but I can refresh it on the desktop.   The credentials have not changed, and reentering them on the portal has not helped.  I also tried readding credentials on the desktop and publishing, but that did not work.    Lets hope we can find the solution soon!

Thanks!

Nick

powerbierror.PNG

I am receiving a similar error when the published report refreshes. The errors started this morning on two reports that utilize a SharePoint data source. No change to the data source on SharePoint, no change to the report, and the report refreshes completely with no errors using latest desktop version. 

power bi sharepoint source error.jpg

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share the details of the error message? Especially the "Activity ID". Please refer to the snapshot below. It's good. 

The-credentials-provided-for-the-Share-Point-source-are-invalid

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the error that I get. 

2018-11-09_6-28-58.jpg

Thanks for any help! Superfrustrating when it was up and running without errors for so long then all of a sudden it stoped and strated doing this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem as FrunkisThe problem appered about a week ago.

Message:            The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid. (Source at https://alawar-my.sharepoint.com/.....) Table: Query Select WishList Tables.

Cluster URI:        WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID:          16a229e5-5f84-444d-b324-2dee2881de80

Request ID:        3edf7147-6303-43d1-88a6-d04d9cc76a28

Time:    2018-11-09 01:11:12Z

Hi All,

A similar issue has been reported. I will update the progress here. For the internal reference: CRI 91180988.

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dale, Any updates on this? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really need some help in this... I have been able to refresh via the desktop version but the auto updates are not working at all. This is cripling the reports. I saw a bunch of posts from back in 2016 and 2017 where the same issues were reported and it was on the MS end.... is it possible that the same type of thing is happening now? Anyone else seeing issues  with connecting to a sharepoint folder?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors