Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asocorrocognex
Helper II
Helper II

The credentials provided for the MetricsCES source are invalid

The credentials provided for the MetricsCES source are invalid -- when trying to update the Gen 2 Metrics data.  I've already entered them a few times and get no errors on the login.  The error happens when trying to refresh the associated dataset for the Premium metrics app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, the solution was to add the user to the list of capacity admins.  The user was already a tenant admin so I tnever thought that would be necessary, but it was.

Thanks,

Adolfo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asocorrocognex,

Is your issue solved?

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Hi, the solution was to add the user to the list of capacity admins.  The user was already a tenant admin so I tnever thought that would be necessary, but it was.

Thanks,

Adolfo

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asocorrocognex,

Please edit credentials again to ensure it was not expired.

Data refresh can also fail due to expired cached credentials.

Clear your internet browser cache by going signing into Power BI and going to https://app.powerbi.com?alwaysPromptForContentProviderCreds=true.

This forces an update of your credentials.

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors