Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Justair07
Resolver I
Resolver I

The credentials provided for the AzureBlobs source are invalid

Hello,

I have an AzureBlob storage account for images that I want to view in Power BI. I created my report in Power BI Desktop with the same credentials I saved and Published my report to in an App Workspace. From the Desktop, the data refreshes great. Everything on the Desktop works great. In the Workspace, I cannot succesfully perform a refresh without receiving the error in the picture below. I'm not using a Gateway since it is optional. It was working about 2 weeks ago and stopped working for no apperant reason. This is extremly frustrating and any help is very much appreciated.

Annotation 2020-02-18 115423.png

I'm using OAuth2 "Authenication method" and the privacy level is set to "Organizational"

I'm then prompted to login in, this is where I provide the same credentials I use for the AzureBlob Storage account. The sign in is succesful. I go back to the dataset screen to try and refresh... same error 😞

5 REPLIES 5
s_yoshida
Regular Visitor

Hi, @Justair07

If possible, try to stop using OAuth2 and change to authentication with a storage key.

In my environment, OAuth2 authentication throws an error after refreshing for about 10 minutes, but with the storage key, the process is completed within a minute.

I have also confirmed that it is reproducible.

I hope my experience will be useful to you.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Justair07 

Please check your Azure Blob storage firewall configuration, the firewall setting of the azure storage account need to whitelist the IP address of the Power BI Service. If these IP address are not whitelisted, the access will not succeed.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft thank you for the reply. As you can see from the picture, my home region is West US:

Capture.JPG

But from the download you shared with me of the region IP's, how do I know which one to use:

Capture1.JPG

@v-lili6-msft It took a long time but I tried 100 different IP's but Power BI Service will still not refresh without the credentials error. There must be something else I'm missing. It would take me a year to try all the IP's by manually entering them, see picture:

Capture3.JPG

@v-lili6-msft Any further guidance here? There is no reference to Power BI in the list of IPs that you recommended. Which IPs are necessary to whitelist? Additionally, if I am in US East 2, there are around 300 IP ranges to whitelist. There is a maximum of 100 IP rules possible for a Storage firewall.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors