cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonto Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The connection string used for the mashup data source is invalid

Hi, 

I'm having an issue refreshing my report in powerbi web. The report is working well and can be refreshed in powerbi desktop. As I have 2 oAuth connections in the report I'm using the latest version of the personal gateway. There is also a ODBC connection and an excel workbook connection. I have followed the troubleshoot guide without any luck. Pls help!  

9 REPLIES 9
Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

Re: The connection string used for the mashup data source is invalid

hi Jonto,

What oAuth data sources are you using it with? 

Thanks!
Dimah 

jonto Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Zendesk and google analytics. 

Thanks! 

jonto Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@dimazaid any input on this issue? 

Thanks

Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

Hi @jonto!
The fix is coming to production this week (towards the end of the week), your refreshes should be working seemlesly afterwards. Please let me know otherwise. 

Thanks!
Dimah 

Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

Hi @jonto

Were you able to verify this?

jonto Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

hi @dimazaid,

The mashup error is gone but I have now run in to another issue. 

image.png

Highlighted
Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

Hi @jonto,

This seems to be an error specific to your data source. I found this post where users are running into the same issue and how they fixed it: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Expression-Error-The-key-did-not-match-...

Thanks!
Dimah 

jonto Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@dimazaid thank you. I have gone through most documentation related to this error but havent been able to solve it. In power BI desktop the report is refreshing just fine and I only get this issue in the web version. The only log file I found does not specify which data source this issue is related to so its difficult to troubleshoot. In the log file I got the following error: 

GetAdmsGatewaySymmetricKeys failed with exception = System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway (personal mode)\Bin\Configurations'.
File name: 'C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway (personal mode)\Bin\Configurations'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGatewayConfigurator.FileSerializer.ReadFile()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGatewayConfigurator.FileSerializer.DeserializeToDynamicObject()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGatewayConfigurator.MigrateDatasources.GetAdmsGatewaySymmetricKeys()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGatewayConfigurator.MigrateDatasources.Migrate()
PersonalGatewayConfigurator.exe Information: 0 : GetAdmsGatewaySymmetricKeys found no keys. Still trying credential migration for datasources not needing decryption.
PersonalGatewayConfigurator.exe Warning: 0 : Failed to migrate DatasetID 31560349-b93d-4e84-8f52-1f8f2d9f47d4 in service
PersonalGatewayConfigurator.exe Warning: 0 : Failed to migrate DatasetID 31560349-b93d-4e84-8f52-1f8f2d9f47d4 in service

jonto Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@dimazaid do you have any input on this? 

Thanks!

Jon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors