Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The column "ID" wasn't found. The column "Tittle" wasn't found

Hi All,

I am facing a very different issue from past 1 week. its so irritating that i am unable to traceout what causing this issue. My data source is  sharepoint list and i am fetching a list and below is the script in Advanced editor.

let
Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://abc.sharepoint.com/sites/demo", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"684bdc0c-b008-49bf-b3b8-5f6e057df7bc" = Source{[Id="684bdc0c-b008-49bf-b3b8-5f6e057df7bc"]}[Items],
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"684bdc0c-b008-49bf-b3b8-5f6e057df7bc",{{"ID", "ID.1"}})

in

#"Renamed Columns"

The power bi data refresh happens successfully with out any issue. Now when i publish it to workspace and click on refresh now or schedule refresh it fails in less than min the refersh fails with error "The colum "ID" wasn't found. Then in the advanced editor , i had a  look and see that two column have been imported from Sharepoint with one as "Id" and other as "ID.1". So i renamed column back to "ID" and other to "Id_A". Again the desktop refresh works

But schedule refresh fails.

I am really pissed of with this error as all of our live reports failed. I have raised a support ticket with microsoft but ended up with very poor response.The initial response came with a rocket speed but its been 2 days there is no mail from the support even after sending reminders. This is the ticket #: 117033115538550

i tried few snippets like below

#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"684bdc0c-b008-49bf-b3b8-5f6e057df7bc",{{"ID", "ID.1"}},MissingField.Ignore)

#"Renamed Columns"=Table.TransformColumnNames(Source, Text.Lower),

Still no luck . Please let me know whether anyone can help me with the resolution.

10 REPLIES 10
johanjsc
Helper I
Helper I

Anyone solved this? I have the same issue.

Works fine in PBI Desktop, but not in the PBI Service with Scheduled nor manuel refresh

Any solution? I have both ID and ID.1. The data *appears* the same, but I don't want to go through alot of effort to find that I setup for the wrong column. Thanks for any thoughts

Waseem_Amra

Was there any solution to this?

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

Sivaapratap

Please can you share what workaround finally worked for you

I have tried every possible solution I have seen on community blogs but to no avails

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this exact same problem...was this resolved?  This post is from over a year ago and there is no resolution listed.  

Data source error:The column 'ID' of the table wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: Safety List
Cluster URI:WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:4c319508-bc5c-4475-b374-7746828f1757
Request ID:ec33535e-ca94-060e-4ebf-3b466c4295c4
Time:2017-12-29 17:57:36Z
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

May i know the data source you are connecting to in PBI Desktop ?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I have confirmed that the support team are involving some senior engineer on this issue. I will help contact them if there is still no any feedback after a few days. And please also post back here if you get any feedback?Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the aknowledgement. Please loop me in with the latest update as this is effecting our live reports.

I am also facing same issue. Was there a solution to this by Microsoft ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your data source that you are connecting to ?

DId adding this step helped you

#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",{{"ID", "ID.1"}},MissingField.Ignore)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors