Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mupps
Regular Visitor

The column does not exist in the rowset

Bit of a Newbie...

I'm using PowerBI with a SharePoint List.  The Report has been wokring fine for a while until I deleted a redundant column from the SharePoint List.  Now I get the error "The <deleted> column does not exist in the rowset.  Table:  <SharePoint List>".  I've tried refreshing the data but this fails.

How do I exclude the deleted column from the data set?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @v-shex-msf. 

After stabbing buttons in the desktop app, I managed to refresh the query and republish the report.  I was then a little panicked to see that thee of the four charts in the report were showing as in error.  I traced this to a custom field in the report which identifies the creation month from the creation date.  (It made sense that this field had been dropped, as it is not in the original data set.)  Once I'd added this back in to each chart, the report functions correctly again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here was my solution to the same problem: Download the Report from Report Server and open in PBI Desktop. Click on 'Edit Queries' to get to the 'Power Query Editor'. For the suspected table in question (this might be trial and error on all tables), click on the 'Source' for the 'Applied Steps'. Find the source table/view in the list and click on the link in the 'Data' column. Power BI will tell you that you're about to create a navigation step - click Continue (as long as your existing navigation step hasn't been previously modified). Refresh all queries and apply changes to the report and refresh the data in the report etc. Save and re-upload to Report Server (don't forget to use 'Replace' to keep existing usage history). Hey presto! You might need to repeat for all tables you have in your report.

Thanks! Worked for me.

The Table View is 

awake_0-1707476199215.png

Search for your Table (that has column missing) in here

awake_1-1707476250258.png

Refresh the data from your selected table (use the thre dots)

- Save

- Publish and Replace

- Fixed my Autorefresh.

Hi there, can I ask where to find the "Find the source table/view in the list and click on the link in the 'Data' column. Power BI will tell you that you're about to create a navigation step"? When I click on the Source, there is this folder link but from there I dont know where to click in the "data".

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mupps,

You can refer to below link which has similar issue:

The 'HasUniqueRoleAssignments' column does not exist in the rowset.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-shex-msf. 

After stabbing buttons in the desktop app, I managed to refresh the query and republish the report.  I was then a little panicked to see that thee of the four charts in the report were showing as in error.  I traced this to a custom field in the report which identifies the creation month from the creation date.  (It made sense that this field had been dropped, as it is not in the original data set.)  Once I'd added this back in to each chart, the report functions correctly again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors