Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arti
Regular Visitor

The basic Power BI Pro subscription for small business

Hey,

I've been asked to figure out how can non-IT profession-services company obtain 20-25 Power BI Pro subscription.

There is no Office 365 subscription onboard and the company would like to minimize side costs as much as possible.

For a couple of months it seems we can use Power BI Pro license for free - just need to click "TRY FREE" here

I'm a bit stuck on the licensing: unmatching things written in different places on the Web and Microsoft consultants tell different variants every online-chat.

Which of the next variants works and has the lowest exploitation cost?

1. Power BI Pro subscription without Office 365 subscription - $10 per user/month;
  2. Office 365 Business Essentials - $5 per user/month  PLUS  $10 per user/month for Power BI Pro;
  3. SharePoint Online Plan 2 - $10 per user/month  PLUS  $10 per user/month for Power BI Pro (idea found in this branch, in this pdf);
  4. Office 365 Enterprise E3 - $30 per user/month  PLUS  $10 per user/month for Power BI Pro.

The business is aware that the subscription "Office 365 Enterprise E5" includes Power BI Pro subscription but it was found too expensive.

Thank you in advance,

Arti

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Arti,

Whether you should pay for Office 365 subscription depends on your company needs. If your company don't use Office 365 actually, I think you only need to buy 20-25 Power BI Pro license, total cost is about $200-250 per user/month.

If your company need to use Office365, you can view all office apps in office form this Official document to check whether the O365 version embeds Power BI service. If yes, you don't need to buy Power BI pro separately. If not, you have to buy Power BI pro license with extra cost. Per my knowledge, only Office 365 Enterprise E5 includes Power BI Pro subscription.

To get more details about the expense for Power BI Pro license, you'd better contact the sales team: https://info.microsoft.com/CO-PowerBI-ContactMe-Register.html. They could give you better advice according to your company scenario.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors