Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wenthe

The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec.

Hi,

I encounter this error after publish a desktop normal report to the website.

One of the visual can not show normally while other peer visual look fine.

The data source of the report consume a SQL view which have only 27771 records and the data is connected in DirectQuery mode. 

My question is, why only one of the visual cannot be diplayed normally? The whole report comes from a same SQL view.

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

More detailsThe XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec.
Activity ID1cb75e29-d0c2-45b7-8d85-f83a0896d186
Correlation ID53c69a94-0c43-b4ff-319c-1ef7d28573d3
Request ID4f6c31cd-cc00-741e-8fdd-44339843777b
TimeMon Jan 08 2018 01:43:33 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version13.0.3847.130
9 REPLIES 9
Allegro
Helper I
Helper I

hello @wenthe

im going through the same error "The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec."

in my experience problems like this suddenly disapper but id like to know more about it, also currently all my datasets are timing out the refresh were before only took 10 to 15 minutes. my data source is big query 

if you found the rooth cause of the error id like to know

@v-huizhn-msft

Allegro_0-1651703541077.png

javier

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now we are discussing exactly the same error on Premium Capacity P1 "The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec."

support case 19082224000874

Activity ID 8eef8ef7-75c3-4e21-8ec6-6591cbdaedc2
Correlation ID08d10bec-358a-e348-aa94-0565122a8405
Request ID cec6f519-82eb-daab-25fd-8dabab5abf38

The error suddenly appeared and then suddenly disappeared without our activity.

The process is a bit confucing:

1. Support suggested to optimise all queries on all visuals and the whole model.

2. As soon the error suddenly disappeared without any action from our side support became happy but we insisted to discover the root cause because the error may suddenly appear again - surprisongly we have to explain it to the suport.

3. Support suggested to use fidder next time the error appears - a bit strange idea.

4. Currently i am insisting there should be useful information in some kind of logs behind the following ids and curious why support dows not want to discover it

Activity ID 8eef8ef7-75c3-4e21-8ec6-6591cbdaedc2
Correlation ID08d10bec-358a-e348-aa94-0565122a8405
Request ID cec6f519-82eb-daab-25fd-8dabab5abf38

Hello 

im going through the same error on Premium Capacity P1 "The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec."

in my experience problems like this suddenly disapper but id like to know more about it, also currently all my datasets are timing out the refresh were before only took 10 to 15 minutes.

did you find the rooth cause of the error? id like to know

@v-huizhn-msft

javier

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wenthe,

It returns the error, because your visual has attempted to query too much data to complete the result with the available resources. You'd better try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result. You can see the error in this troubleshooting article: Troubleshooting tile errors.

And I post a similar thread below for your reference. Hope it's useful.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/visual-has-exceeded-available-resources/td-p/115962

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned, all the visual in the report query the same SQL data, why only one of them cannot be displayed normally in website? (It works fine in desktop.)

I have limited the date in the SQL view to reduce the output of the SQL view, no more than 50k rows come from the result of the SQL view. What's the limitation exactly? What else can I do to filter the abount of data?

Thank you,

Wenting

Hi @wenthe,

There is no restriction on how large a pbix file can be locally. However, when you publish a pbix file over 1GB to Power BI Service, please check the size of your .pbix file.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

The size of my .pbix file is 251KB, far away from the limitation.

Hi @wenthe,

The report still doesn't display normally? I personally suggest create a support ticket here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

The size of my .pbix file is 251KB, far away from the limitation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors