Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kumar27
Advocate V
Advocate V

The Power BI Q/A feature is not supported now in Power BI Service since yesteday?

Hi Team,

I have one of my prod report using the Q/A functionality but yesterday we realized that Q&A visual is not working on the Power BI service.The way it used to work earlier was by enabling allow Q/A settings by going onto the dataset of the published  report.

But today the option is no longer available , we tried republishing the report , we also tried deleting the report and the dataset and redeploying it on dev workspace, but the option to enable it is not available.

This is what we can see now at the dataset settings but earlier the Q/A options was there to be checked.

kumar27_0-1610691729217.jpeg

Does Mirosoft has any update on this ? Please help !!! or Do i need to submit a support  ticket to them ?

Thanks and Regards,

Kumar Ranjan

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @kumar27 ,

I am going to be a bit semantic-al here.  The Q&A feature is on the Dashboard.  It is found on the top of the screen and some visuals do not support it.

Here is where it is on the dashboard:

Q&A One.jpg

This article might help:

Q&A for Power BI business users - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

In Desktop, there is also now a Q&A visual that you can add to the report.

The screenshot that you show is from the Dataset Settings and I am assuming that you mean the "Featured Q&A Questions " options in the Dataset Settings area:

Q&A Two.jpg

If that feature does not appear at all, my assumption is that the Q&A is turned off in the Admin Settings:

Q&A Three.jpg

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors