Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sanjay4reddy
Frequent Visitor

The 'HasUniqueRoleAssignments' column does not exist in the rowset.

Hi All,

I have a report that is developed in the Desktop Version of Power BI. It houses data that is retrieved from a SharePoint list. When I refresh this report in the Desktop Version, I receive no error.

However, when I published this Desktop report to the Online Version of Power BI, I refresh the dataset and receive an error stating the following:

The 'HasUniqueRoleAssignments' column does not exist in the rowset.

I checked to see that this column does actually exist within the table so I'm not sure what to do from here. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nothing back from microsoft, but... i a pretty crappy solution, but i was able to make it work. 

In order to avoid referencing the columns that are magically put into the report, use the "Remove Other Columns" feature in the Query Editor.  If you select the ABSOLUTE minimum number of columns you are using for your report across ALL data sets synced, (ctrl + shift + click) to select only the columns you are using... and then right click and select remove other columns the steps reference only the used columns.  

Thus you get something like this: 

#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1",{"Column 1", "Column 2", "Column 3", "Column 3")

instead of:

#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Removed Other Columns",{"ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 1". "ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 2". "ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 3". "ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 4". })

Once you remove them with this method, the Web application does not know that the bad columns exsist and completes a full refresh.  

It's complete bull**bleep** and i have multiple reports with 5-10 data sources with 30+ columns each.... but it works.  And this is a total work stopper for my org. 

Let me know if this works for you or not

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Wow! Great find @mzikra...this worked for me as well. Hopefully MSFT will come up with a more robust solution to this problem but this workaround will do just fine for the time being!

This worked for me!

Same issue with me - look forward to the fix.  Thanks for chasing Mzikra!

I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. I just upgraded to the new Power BI Desktop and it is adding this column to my dataset when it was not there in the previous version. This only happens with sharepoint tables. I even tested with a coworker that hadnt upgraded to the new Power BI Desktop version yet and the refresh worked when he uploaded the file. We definately need to find a solution for this.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanjay4reddy,

I can't reproduce your issue, it works well. Can you provide some detailed information about your issue?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors