Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martacz5
Frequent Visitor

The Deployment Pipeline issue

Hi all, 

Wonder if anyone has experience this issue before and can help me to resolve it:

I created a deployment pipeline in Power BI Service but it doesn't seem to be working with dataflows. 

I have a dataflow and a few datasets getting data from that dataflow. All datasets have the data source parametirized and the deployment rules assigned.

The dataflow is the issue here:

The server and the database parameters were created for the dataflow but when I try to set a rule in the TEST pipeline I am getting invalid rule message:

martacz5_0-1630594328560.png

I tried changing the parameters in the dataflow in TEST and it works fine but they get overwritten every time the content is deployed. 

Any ideas how to handle dataflows in the deployment pipeline please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
YuryPetrachenko
Advocate I
Advocate I

We are currently facing the same issue, even on a "clean" setup. Deployment rules for dataflow parameters simply don't seem to work, even if not used in the dataflow.

Was this resolved somehow?

Unfortunately not, this is currently with Microsoft. The latest update from 09/09/2021:

"I am writing this email to follow up on the issue. Our product team is  working on fixing it. As of now, we don't have the ETA for the fix deployment and I have asked product team is provide the ETA. Once I have any update from them, I will inform you regarding the ETA for the fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and I shall ensure to keep you posted on the progress on this issue if any.

Appreciate your time and patience."

TrackingID#2109060050000911

Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@martacz5 sounds like a potential bug. Can you please open a support ticket for this and catch Fiddler traces when gettign the error, so we can properly investigate? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors