Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Data Source Credentials are not accessible.

Hi Experts,

I am not able to access the Data Source Credentials in Power BI Service, Because of this I am not able to schedule the refresh.

PBISer_cre1.jpegPBISer_cre1.jpeg

Anyone, Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbendlin @markwilson 
Thanks for your prompt inputs, much appreciated! I managed to resolve my issue by setting privacy level to the organisation since I was already provided a valid login.

Thank you,

Regards,

Puru

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbendlin @markwilson 
Thanks for your prompt inputs, much appreciated! I managed to resolve my issue by setting privacy level to the organisation since I was already provided a valid login.

Thank you,

Regards,

Puru

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Burningsuit @lbendlin @Anand24 

can any one of you help me to address the above query?

Thank you,

Purushothaman, I fixed the problem on my end. What I did was go into my power BI report, and from there into the Power Query Editor.

Then the Data Source Settings showed that there was a rogue data source in there.

Once I deleted that data source (and the tables that referenced it) I republished and the Data Source Credentials were enabled for me.

1. Every data source that is not directly accessible from Azure needs a gateway. That includes SQL Server.

2. A gateway will only be selectable if all data sources from #1 have connections declared on that gateway. Connection definitions have to match exactly between Desktop and gateway.

markwilson
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.

I'm connecting to a sharepoint online library and a SQL Server DB as my data sources. I don't need a gateway for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors